This training course invites participants to discuss and contrast the influence words may have on their lives and the lives of young people they work with. We will explore narratives used by people, media and organisations, and their impact on young people today. We will provide tools to change hate speech into love speech, transform narratives that define us into positive influences. We will create an opportunity for youth workers to become better at supporting young people as critical thinkers.
If you are youth worker interested in developing your communication skills, getting to know different points of view on subjects such as power of media, gender, history and more, this training is for you. Being a forum to meet, talk, share and have fun, “The Power of Words” will stimulate the development of your competencies and your personal development as multiplier of positive communication.
We will achieve it by inviting you to different activities using non-formal learning and creating space for you to exchange your expertise and ideas. We attach the programme overview where you can check the flow of this training course.
The overall aim of the POWER OF WORDS TRAINING is:
• To develop youth workers’ communication skills in order to better support young people in communication and critical thinking
The specific objectives of the POWER OF WORDS training are:
● To create a space where youth workers can develop and practice their communication and critical thinking skills
● To explore the mechanisms of manipulation and discuss how youth workers can support young people in dealing with this
● To give an opportunity to exchange tools, ideas and good practices to work with youth on their critical thinking
● To create creative learning environment for peer learning
● To discuss opportunities media create for youth workers to connect to young people
Youth workers, youth leaders, professionals working directly with young people on daily basis. The participants should be able to work and communicate in English.
05.05 - arrival day, 10.05 - departure day. 6-9.05 are full working days